The Longest-Established Yuma Personal Injury Law Firm

You Do Have Recourse If You Are Hit By A Driver Who Has Little Or No insurance

If the person who caused your car accident was not insured or underinsured, there are still steps you can take to get compensation. Arizona is an “at-fault” state. This means the person who caused the accident is held financially responsible.

At The Smith Fila Law Firm, we know how to pursue the compensation you need. We have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for car accident victims. That is just one of the reasons ours is the longest-running personal injury firm in Arizona.

Steps To Take After An Accident With A Driver Who Doesn’t Have Good Insurance

According to the Arizona DOT, about 14% of drivers don’t have insurance even though it is required by the state. There are two different ways to handle this:

  1. File a claim with your own insurance company. Do not worry – your premiums cannot by state law go up after you file.
  2. File a civil suit against the uninsured or underinsured driver.

Not all drivers who do not have insurance are financially struggling. In some cases they have extensive available resources. If your medical costs are high, above $15,000, they may exceed what the other driver’s insurance will cover. This is when you may have to rely on your own insurance company to cover your bills. It is, after all, why you have insurance.

Right Away After An Accident, Do These Five Things

No one ever thinks they will be a victim in a car accident or a hit and run. With so many cars on the road, it is likely that some day you will be involved in some kind of accident or fender-bender. Here are four steps to take immediately after a collision, even if you are a passenger:

  • Call the police. File a report. Make sure you have access to the report.
  • Get the contact information of any witnesses. Take pictures with your phone.
  • Exchange contact information and insurance information with the other driver.
  • Review your insurance policy information even if you are a passenger. Check to see how much coverage you have if you are hit by an uninsured or underinsured motorist.
  • Consult with a personal injury attorney if you suffered any injuries or property damage.

If the other driver fled, stay at the scene and call police. Write down any identifying information such as make and model of the car and description of the driver. Get information from anyone who happened to see what happened.

We offer free consultations. It costs you nothing to consult with us. If we take your case and win a settlement or verdict on your behalf, we will take a percentage of that win.

Protect Yourself And Your Rights To Pursue Compensation

Get a free consultation to find out how more about your specific accident. Call 877-386-6038 or send the firm an introductory email.